Saturday, February 6, 2016

NOVICA Handcrafted Cotton Mayan Hammock Review




I was waiting for sun but it wasn't cooperating again. I just put the sunglasses on so I could pretend a bit better. :) We had a snowstorm earlier this week and tomorrow we're to have strong winds along with more snow and I didn't want to test out this lovely hammock in that kind of weather.






This Handcrafted Mayan Cotton Hammock is made from 70% cotton and 30% nylon. It comes with 2 S hooks and extender ropes for easy hanging. It holds up to 300 lbs. It's very comfortable to lay in. I could have taken a nap in it if I had brought out a heavy blanket to keep me warm.



The hammock is hand woven by Mayan artists in the Yucatan. NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works with the artists who make these fair traded products. Each one comes with an official story card certifying it's quality and authenticity.

So even though it's still winter here for a few more months, it was nice to hang out for a little bit today. Swinging in a hammock is just so relaxing.

We had a few good size drifts in our yard from the last snow so we actually just used the included S hooks and hung the hammock from our wooden swing set. We'll put it in the trees once we finally have warm weather.

You can find this beautiful Handcrafted Cotton Mayan Hammock on Amazon. Be sure to check out other NOVICA items too. They offer all sorts of items like jewelry, clothing, and other products for the home.

* I received this item at a discounted price for this review. Opinions are my own.

1 comment: