Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Koreatown - Cookbook Review





What an interesting book this is! The cover is what caught my eye at first. I don't know much about Korean food so I was curious what was inside. My knowledge is limited to some delicious Korean barbecue sauce we once used on ribs. So it's pretty much nonexistent. The book did not disappoint. I learned so much.

The photographs are beautiful. I loved the stories behind the recipes. In the front they did a really good job of explaining common Korean ingredients and equipment needed. I also thought the 2 page spread showing pictures of Korean produce was very helpful. I also really liked the Q & A pages throughout the book and segments they called Eating Koreatown which gave background about some celebrity foodies and their relationship with Korean food.  While I find the recipes might be too much for me to tackle I absolutely loved reading through this book. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And who knows maybe one day when I am feeling a bit adventurous I may try something out.

Be sure to take a look at Koreatown if you are interested in learning more!

I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. My husband & I like eating Korean food together, he has been looking for a cookbook too!

    ReplyDelete