Monday, December 12, 2011

Cream Cheese Mints

I figured since Christmas is less than 2 weeks away I had better start thinking about making some holiday treats! One of our favorites is cream cheese mints. These are so very good! My mom used to make them when I was younger. They were at all of our major life events- graduations, weddings, and baby showers. There were times when they were made just because we wanted some too!

These mints are so easy to make. They can be made ahead of time and keep very well in the freezer. In fact, we think it's the best way to eat them- straight out of the freezer. If not in the freezer then they do need to be refrigerated.

Today we only made 1 batch because I didn't realize I was almost out of mint extract. I normally double or triple the batch when I'm making them just because I like to share. I had a helper today so ours are not so uniform but they still taste yummy!

Cream Cheese Mints
2 oz cream cheese
1  2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp mint flavoring
sugar for coating

Mix ingredients well. Add food coloring if you would like. Roll into tiny balls and then roll in sugar to coat all sides. Use a fork to flatten gently. Store in a cool place. 1 batch makes approx 4 dozen.



.

1 comment: