Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Self Defense - Book Review




Self Defense is about 5 teenage boys who live in Israel and witness a terrible act of violence. They decide to take a martial arts class so they can defend themselves if needed. There is a good amount of action going on throughout the book but I don't want to expand on it anymore so that it spoils it for you.

The book was interesting. There is a bit of violence in it. Nothing horribly gruesome but I just maybe wasn't in the mood to read about it all since we hear about it so much in the news already. When I read I like to escape from that sort of thing. However, I thought they were smart boys taking it upon themselves to do something about it so they could protect themselves.

The book was a bit slow or too detailed in some chapters but towards the end when you finally find what the beginning of the book was about it speeds up. Overall not a bad book. I think teenage boys would especially enjoy it.

You can find Self Defense on Amazon.

* I did receive this book in ebook version for free for my honest review. No other compensation was received. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment