Monday, March 21, 2016

The I Quit Sugar Cookbook - Review





Sugar is everywhere and most of us eat way too much of it. When I saw The I Quit Sugar Cookbook I thought it might be a helpful one to have on hand. The first thing I noticed when it arrived is how heavy it is. It is a big book and full of all kinds of information not just recipes. The pictures are nice and the pages are thick.

I like the layout of the book. The author has handwritten type notes throughout the book. I think it gives it a bit of character but I do find a lot of the recipes may be a bit too hip for me. Not sure that word is even used anymore but that is what comes to mind. She does use a lot of brown rice syrup which I'm not really familiar with. She does also stress the importance of not wasting food. She uses everything in some way. I don't like to waste food either but I'm not at the extreme level. I also don't think I could ask strangers for their leftovers at a restaurant either like the author does.

A couple recipes that did sound like something I might like to try were the Carrot "Bacon" and "But the Kitchen Sink" Breakfast Hash.

Be sure to check out The I Quit Sugar Cookbook if you want to quit the sugar habit too.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment