Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fika - Book Review



This book is such a gem. The first thing that caught my eye of course was the illustrations. They are just adorable and really add so much to the book. I normally like real photos of the food in cookbooks but this one the illustrations fit so well I don't even miss the end result of what it should look like.

The recipes themselves sound delicious. They make you never want to just drink your coffee alone ever again. I love the background information given in the book. It is explained what fika is and the history of it. A list of common Swedish ingredients and alternatives is listed along with tools needed.

Fika reminds me a lot of what we call "coffee lunch". My husband's family is Finnish and even at church we always have coffee lunch after evening church. Whether at church or visiting friends and family coffee is always on and some sort of goodies are out on the table. Pulla, which is a Finnish sweet bread is a favorite of ours!

This book will stay out on one of my coffee tables just because it is too cute to put on the shelf. I know company will enjoy looking at it. It would also make a great gift. It's such a good reminder to slow down and enjoy life a bit. Everyone needs a little fika now and then.

Be sure to check out Fika so you can take a moment in your day to enjoy it.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment