Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Modern Potluck - Book Review




Modern Potluck has 100 make ahead recipes that are to be shared at potlucks. It is full of beautiful pictures of many of the dishes. The book is well laid out and easy to read. It offers recipes that cater to gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, and meat eaters also. The author has included everything - drinks, snacks, dips, main courses, salads, sides, sweets, and condiments.

I was really looking forward to this cookbook. I was hoping to find some new recipes so I could mix up my usual potluck go to dishes. Not the case for me! I was so disappointed by this book. This is definitely not for the potlucks I go to. The recipes are definitely for the "modern" group. I had a really hard time finding any recipe I would make. It has a lot of unique combinations. Many also include ingredients on the more expensive side. One example- Spiced Butterflied Lamb with Date Barbecue Sauce- way over our budget.

I could see this being a hit with a certain group of people but it's not my style.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment