Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baking With Meyer Lemons

 I recently won these beautiful Meyer Lemons from Dandy Fresh Fruits and Vegetables.


I contemplated for a few days what to make. They are just such beautiful lemons I wanted to be sure I made something worthy of them. Well, I just got my current issue of Everyday FOOD (Jan/Feb 2012) and there was the recipe on page 96 that called out my name - lemon pudding cakes.

I had all the ingredients and also my ramekins have just been waiting to be used for something tasty. So I got everthing out and ready. No strange ingredients are needed. It is a little time consuming and I dirtied a lot of dishes but as you'll see in a bit that the end result is so very worth it!

This is part of the 1st two steps. Dry ingredients in green bowl & I'm working on getting ready to put in lemon juice and zest.


Here I'm whipping my egg whites & sugar for another step.


Ramekins are ready to go in oven. The pan is filled with hot water so it was a little heavy & I had to be careful not to slosh it around too much!


Here they are out of the oven with a little powdered sugar on top.



The end result is this amazing light & fluffy lemon cake on top and at the bottom is this little layer of lemon pudding sauce. It was just beyond good. I wish I could share it with you! I will definitely be making this again.

*I won the lemons from a comment posting on Dandy Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Facebook page. They are not compensating me for posting this. I just wanted to share with you how amazingly good this dessert came out using Meyer Lemons.




No comments:

Post a Comment