Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Modern Way to Cook - Book Review




A Modern Way to Cook by Anna Jones contains 150+  weeknight vegetarian recipes. The book is separated in chapters by preparation times, 15, 20, 30, and 40 minutes. It is a huge book and has an excellent variety of recipes. I was a bit disappointed by the photos though. They are a bit dull but I think because it's the type of paper used for the book. I like clear colorful pictures and I feel like this cookbook is lacking that. I also felt like the print for the ingredients was too tiny. I would have much preferred the larger & darker print that is used for the rest of the book.

While I am not a vegetarian, I do enjoy discovering new recipes of any kind. This book might be a little bit of a stretch for me at the moment. I just don't see my family being too excited about most of the recipes. Many recipes do sound delightful and maybe in the future I'll make some on a days I'm just cooking for me and everyone else is busy.

I think if you are used to a vegetarian lifestyle this would be an excellent book.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment