Sunday, January 3, 2016

Brunch at Bobby's - Cookbook Review




I love breakfast food! Well, I love food in general but there is something wonderful about starting the day off with a good meal and feeling ready to take on whatever comes your way. Even if sometimes it's just the couch to do school work. :)  Since I homeschool our boys we are not always in a rush in the morning so we can sometimes enjoy a breakfast that's not just a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. However, more often than not we do have things to get done so we can't linger for hours. Anyways, I was excited about a cookbook that is full of brunch recipes. I need a bit of inspiration so we're not always just having regular old pancakes and eggs or when I'm feeling a bit wild we do crepes.

Brunch at Bobby's has 140 recipes that will take your brunch to a whole new level. It contains recipes for beverages, spreads & dips, pancakes, waffles, & french toast, egg dishes, pastries & breads, sandwiches, fruit dishes & fruit salads, and savory side dishes.

At first glance I had mixed feelings about the book. Many of the recipes require a lot of ingredients or just don't look like something my family would like. They are rather picky people. Well, mostly my husband and one of the boys. There are recipes however that caught my eye and I thought YUM! I'm going to try this at least once. A few that I think would be a hit at our house include the Churros, and almost all of the potato dishes like the Yucca Hash Browns, Sweet Potato Hash, and the Patatas Bravas Home Fries. There are a couple of the beverages I would like to try like the Salted Caramel Affogato and the Berry Tea Smoothies.

I really think this is an excellent cookbook for those that host adult brunches. This would be great for when you have girlfriends over or a few couples over and want to really wow them. The layout of the book is easy to read and the photos are really good.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment