Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Best and Lightest - Cookbook Review






Food Network to the rescue! Their new cookbook The Best and Lightest will have you in the kitchen preparing some of your favorite dishes but with a lighter version. Each dish is under 500 calories and still portioned to fill you up. Each recipe comes with all the nutritional information listed.

I absolutely love the way this book is laid out. At the beginning is a recipe index with a small photo and the dishes are labeled vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free if you need that info. The book is then broken down into 9 sections including soups & stews, sandwiches, poultry, meat, fish & seafood, eggs, tofu, & beans, pasta & grains, side dishes, and sweets. A fun little added 2 pages called Snack Time is tucked in between each of the sections. They have quick ideas to kick your snacks up a notch.

The book contains a photo for every recipe which I love. I am a visual person so pictures of what my food is to look like makes me happy! The book has so much variety. Something for everyone in it. The soups & stews might be my favorite section of the whole book. I want to make almost every recipe in that section! The Slow-Cooker Sweet Potato-Lentil Soup looks amazing! I do however have the Indian Chicken Wraps, Spanish Chicken with Potato Roast, and the Baked Fish & Chips marked to go on our menu shortly.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment