Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Kitchen in France - Book Review



I love all types of food but one that I am not so familiar with is French food. I thought getting the opportunity to review this book would be a good way for me to get a little taste of it. The book itself is big and heavy. The pages are of good quality and there are some nice photos in it. I enjoyed the author's little tidbits of info before each recipe. That is all I really liked about this book though.

I tried so hard to want to like this book but I just can't. I think French cuisine is just not for me though. I felt like the recipes are just not something I would whip up for my family. I don't know that they'd like a single thing from the book other than the garlic mashed potatoes. A lot of the ingredients would be too hard to find or too expensive for our family. I also felt like the photos and the food were so dark. I like a bit more color or vibrancy to my food. She does have recipes for each season but I felt like they were all winter type foods except for maybe the tomato type ones in summer.

I don't know that I would make anything from this book. Nothing really just begged for me to make it. I'm sure for those that are lovers of this type of food this may be an excellent book to have. It's very rare for me to not like a cookbook but this one just didn't do it for me.

If you are a lover of all things French and you'd like to find out more about this book you can visit here.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment