Thursday, November 27, 2014

In Her Kitchen - Book Review


When this book was delivered I felt like a kid at Christmas just waiting to see what was inside. I can't begin to say how much I enjoyed going through this book. It is a combination of a cookbook, photo book, & storybook. There is a photo of each of the 60 grandmothers in their kitchens, along with their recipe, and a photo of the food they made.

I loved reading the little stories about each of the different grandmothers. So much love for their families and the joy that cooking brings for them. No matter how big or small of a space they had they make cooking for their families one of their top priorities.

There are of course a few recipes in the book that the ingredients would be almost impossible to find here but then I'm sure my family would not be thrilled with iguana or caterpillars. There are several recipes though that I do actually plan to make. Generally most of the ingredients can be found online or at local ethnic markets.

I really just enjoyed this whole book and think it'd be a great coffee table book to keep out for company to look through. It's so interesting and the photos are very well done.

I'd definitely recommend this book if you are interested in a bit of a cultural adventure.

If you'd like to find out more about this book you can go here.

*I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment