Monday, November 10, 2014

Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence - Book Review


My latest book review is by Joy Wilson and it's called Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence. I choose this book based on it's front cover. The cake on the cover is just beautiful. I had never heard of Joy before or her blog which is apparently very popular. I have since checked it out after going through this book. Lots of great recipes on there too.

This cookbook is full of beautiful photos and a variety of delicious sounding recipes. There are a lot of very creative recipes in the book. Most of them seem very doable for the regular baker. Most require the basic ingredients we all have on hand. At first I was a bit intimidated because some of the recipes have a long list of ingredients but after looking through the recipe instructions it's really not that bad.

I love the ice cream section! I can't wait to make several of them. My other favorite section is the cookies, brownies, and bars. Yum!  I look forward to making the Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, Chocolate-dipped Cookie-Dough Balls, and the Chocolate-Coconut-Almond Bites!  And so many more I'm sure you will find that are delicious.

This is a beautiful book. Easy to read, amazing photographs, and easy to follow directions. Overall a super cookbook!

If you'd like to know more about Joy the Baker and this book, you can go here. 

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment