Monday, August 18, 2014

A Triple Knot - Book Review



One of my favorite genres of books is historical fiction. I can't just pick up a history book and get excited about it but when reading a book like A Triple Knot and others like it, it is a completely different feeling. I love being taken back in time and feeling like I'm right there with the characters in the book. I however am very thankful I was not born any sooner than I was because I wouldn't have made it.

I had a hard time at first because of all the confusion of so many names of characters in the book. It is common for that time though and I've had this happen with other books as well. Don't let this hold you back from reading this book though. I just plod through and eventually the main characters stick with you. It was also a bit slow going the first part of the book and yet the last part was almost too quick. It seemed like it didn't have all the details as the first part. I did feel though that I was right there with Joan. I know when I am engrossed in a book that makes me feel a part of it the author is doing their job well. It's like I have to readjust once I stop for a bit and remember I'm not in the book.

I so liked the character of Joan. The poor girl dealt with so many things from a young age. From losing her father so early in her life to being caught in a love triangle and pawned by her uncle to benefit the kingdom. I just don't know how one could handle it all but it sure makes for good reading.

Overall I enjoyed the book. I'd recommend it if you like this type of book and enjoy a bit of love and betrayal.

If you'd like to learn more or check out her other book you can look here.


*I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment