Sunday, July 27, 2014

July Taste Trunk Gourmet Box Review


I have been a subscriber to Taste Trunk for several months now. I think it's maybe even close to a year by now. I have loved every single box I've gotten. So many wonderful food products by companies I never would have heard of if it wasn't for this subscription.


My July box.

Taste Trunk does an excellent job of packaging everything. I have never had anything arrive broken. They wrap up all glass products with bubble wrap and it arrives all in pretty tissue paper and a ribbon. They also include cards with ideas/recipes on how to use the included products and also a bit more about the company they've come from.

This month my box contained Hickory Liquid Smoke from Lazy Kettle Brand, 1849 Tri-Tip Meat Marinade, Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar from Amphora, CC Made Pistachio Nut Caramel Corn, and CC Made Rosemary Caramel Sauce.

My husband is looking forward to using the liquid smoke and meat marinade in one of his next grilling adventures. We grill a lot all year. Well he grills. :o)  We've also recently gotten an electric smoker so we're always up for cooking up something delicious outside! 

The pistachio nut caramel corn was good. I would have liked a few more pistachios but I love pistachios! I think I'm going to try the rosemary caramel sauce over a plain cheesecake. I'm not sure I liked it over ice cream. It was a bit of an odd combination but I'm thinking it might be tasty with cheesecake. I haven't tried the balsamic vinegar yet but am guessing it will be mixed with something over a salad. I've received other products from Amphora like olive oil in past boxes and think the quality and taste are great. 

This is one of the very few subscription boxes I've kept. I love it so much. They do an awesome job with their boxes. Taste Trunk's customer service is excellent also. 

If gourmet is not your thing they also offer BBQ, Healthy, and Sweet boxes. I like that mine has included a variety of things. In the past I've received chocolate, flavored sea salts, scone mix, marinades, dip mixes along with the cutest dip serving bowl. I'll have to find the photo I took of that and add it later on. 

If you'd like more info on Taste Trunk you can visit their webpage here.  They offer many different options for subscribing or gifting. They are also on facebook.

* I pay for my own monthly subscription to Taste Trunk. Opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment