Monday, April 16, 2012

MACHE conference

This past Friday and Saturday I attended the annual MACHE homeschool conference. This year it was held in St. Paul. This was my 7th year attending and I look forward to it each year. It rotates between St. Paul, Rochester, and Duluth.

There are 3 sessions each day and somewhere around 10-12 topics  each session. Sometimes it so hard to pick which ones to attend. Although there is generally 1 session that nothing really jumps out at me and I do some shopping. There is always a used book sale and then the large area of vendors.

I love being able to talk to the vendors and check out all the curriculum that's out there. Plus there is usually a good discount or the nice bonus of not having to pay for shipping.

Normally a few of my mom friends and I make a weekend of it and stay at a hotel and get some girl time in too. This year my good friend Julie and I just drove down and back each day. We still had a great time visiting and enjoying all there is at the conference.

They did a great job with lunch this year. It was a sort of one time through buffet. They had Chinese, Italian, and soup/sandwich stations. I was impressed for sure! Although I about had a heart attack when I saw that my can of Diet Coke was $2. Yikes!

I came away encouraged as always and brought home some great learning materials for our homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment