Monday, October 3, 2016

Cuba! - Book Review




Cuba! Recipes and Stories From the Cuban Kitchen is a vibrant book full of beautiful pictures. It has more than 75 recipes and interesting stories from the past 5 years the authors have been visiting Cuba and working on this book.

The layout of the book is great. The recipes are easy to follow. I love the stories mixed in with the recipes. I also like that they used pictures of the Cuban people and not themselves. Captions to go along with some of the photos would have been nice though. The food pictures are excellent.

Overall this is a very enjoyable book. It has a nice variety of recipes from basic to high end restaurant offerings. A few favorite sections of mine: Basic Training- includes all the basics like rice & beans, yuca fries, fried plantains, chicken & fish stocks. The dessert section is wonderful! I mean the Coconut Tres Leches Cake sounds so good. I know my boys will be happy they've included a recipe for churros. I also thought the two page spread about Earnest Hemingway was a nice addition.



* I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. No other compensation was received. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment