Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Good Food Day- Book Review



At first glance through this book I was a little bit intimidated and not sure I would like it. The photos of the dishes are just beautiful and looked a bit complicated. When I sat down to really read through this cookbook I was pleasantly surprised. Even though the dishes look complicated and expensive most are really not. The majority of ingredients are just fresh everyday items.

There are many recipes I'd like to try including the Pecan Power Balls, Curry and Lime Cashews, and Olive Oil Cake. One of the recipes that really caught my eye and I can't wait to try is the Liver and Onions! We love liver and onions and I can't wait to try the version in this book.

Besides the recipes in the book there is also a nice amount of info on eating healthy in general. Getting rid of processed foods and just using whole foods can make such a difference. I've been trying to do this in our house. I feel better even when I serve desserts to my family and they are homemade. Just knowing what is in your food makes you feel better.

Overall a great cookbook. Beautiful photos, nice variety of recipes, and informative little intros for each of the dishes. Definitely recommend if you are wanting to switch over to more "real" food.

If you'd like to find out more about this book you can visit here.

*I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment