Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Supermarket Healthy - Book Review



This cookbook has a great variety of recipes. There are lots I would like to try myself but I don't think my family would be as excited about them especially my husband. The photos are really nice but I wish there was one for each recipe. I like to see what the end result is supposed to look like. The book is very well laid out and easy to read. Also most of the recipes don't seem to require a lot of time.

Most recipes are for common things found at your regular grocery store but some things included do seem out of my family's budget. Mussels, clams, saffron threads, bison, and a few other things are not budget friendly in my mind. On the other hand it does offer good variety. Most recipes are for 4 servings. There is a fair amount for 6 servings. We are a family of 6 so I do prefer ones for bigger servings. I know I can just half the recipe again to make enough for us.

So I have mixed thoughts on this cookbook. I will try some of these according to the preferences of my family. I'm going to let my kids flip through it to see if anything jumps out at them. I do know they will like most of the desserts. They may surprise me and like more than I think.

I think this would be a great book for those that do like lots of different kinds of foods and flavors but might not be good for those with picky eaters like my hubby.

If you'd like more info about this book you can go here. 

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment