Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Homesick Texan's Family Table - Book Review



I just have to start out by saying this cookbook was even more than I was hoping for. The photo on the front really caught my attention and I was so happy to get to do a review for it.

The photos are just beautiful and I have so many of the recipes marked already for my "want to make" list. I love that they all seem to have easy to access ingredients. A majority of them I know my family will love. I don't cook as much in summer trying to keep the house cool but I can't wait to get started making some of these. We have cooler weather coming over the weekend and I plan to make the plum cobbler and oatmeal bread first.

The background stories for each of the recipes are a great addition. I really like it when an author inclueds the background of how or where the recipe came about. There is also a resource guide at the end in case you have trouble finding any of the Mexican ingredients needed for a few of the recipes. This cookbook is just a dream to read and I can't wait to share with my family. As I was glancing through the book when I first got it I actually called my mom right away to tell her about the divinity recipe included. I'm going to make it for her when she comes up to visit us next month.

If you'd like to find out more Lisa Fain and this book you can go here.  I definitely recommend this book. Cooking with or for your family from this cookbook is sure to make for some happy tummies!

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.  Opinions are my own.

***Update*** Sept 12th

I finally got a chance to make the plum cobbler on page 229. It is so good & very easy to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment