Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Words of the Day

We are currently studying human anatomy and physiology for science. This was a nice change of pace after a couple months of astronomy! Yesterday we started discussing the muscular system. Of course the boys learned all about the smallest muscle, the largest muscle, and the strongest muscle in our bodies. If you happen to already know what the largest muscle is you can imagine how much enjoyment my boys got out of using gluteus maximus over and over again. I heard  "get off your gluteus maximus and come play with me" or "move your gluteus maximus a little faster" just to name a few.

Any idea what the strongest one is? I didn't know what it was either. It's the muscle that closes your mouth. It's called the masseter. So, of course, I then heard, "use your masseter, you're being too loud" and "is your masseter working?" So proud of my boys for using such big words.  I can't wait to find out what other fabulous words are in the days ahead. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment