Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Tea Time

I recently received a wonderful package of teas to try from a company called Steeped Tea . The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the lovely scent of fresh tea and the pretty colored bags they came in. It brightened my day!

 Tart Granny Green Apple, Irish Breakfast 
Toffee Crunch, Pomegranate, & Sinful Seduction

There was such a nice variety. A flavor for almost any mood! The first one I tried was the Toffee Crunch in the bright yellow package. It is a caffeine-free Rooibos tea. The smell coming from the bag was enough to win me over. It tasted as good as it smelled! It was almost like dessert without the guilt!

The next one I tasted was the Tart Granny Green Apple. It is a green tea. This one was also good and a great choice when you're craving a little something on the tart side.

The third one on my agenda was the Pomegranate which is a white tea. I really like this one. It had a nice light flavor to it. This one and the apple one both can be used 3-4 times until the flavor is no longer there. So you can enjoy it a bit longer! I will continue on my tea tasting in the next couple days with the Irish Breakfast and Sinful Seduction.

Also included was a package of rub called Smoky Tea-aki.


I used it yesterday afternoon on some chicken breast tenders I had on hand. It was so simple. I just had to add a little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and some brown sugar. There is enough rub in the package for several uses. Yay! Next time I think I'm going to try it on pork chops.



After putting the rub on I covered the plate and let it sit in fridge about 2 hours.



The end result was delicious! Sorry it's little foggy but they were still steaming hot.

I barely had enough time to take the photo before my boys were racing to the kitchen to try them. I had to grab one really quick. They smelled so good I knew I wouldn't be able to finish cooking the rest unless I got a bite! I can't say enough about this rub. It is amazing good! So much flavor and so little preparation! That's what I like.

If you are a tea lover I encourage you to visit Steeped Tea's website. It can be found here or you can find them on  facebook and twitter too. They offer a wide variety of teas and accessories.

 Enjoy your tea and sip wisely. :o)

* I was given these products for free to review. Opinions are my own. I want to thank Tonia for giving me the opportunity to try them.















No comments:

Post a Comment