Monday, February 27, 2012

Scarlet Fever

Tis the season for sickness. I woke up Saturday morning with what I thought was just an awful nasty cold. I spent most of the day in bed other than cooking and cleaning up after meals. Sunday morning it was after 11am before I could drag myself out of bed and into the shower. Which that was when I noticed the rash on my neck and chest. I had my mom pick me up and drive me over to Coborn's Minute Clinic so hubby could stay home with the boys. My head was hurting way too much to drive. After about an hour wait finally my turn and sure enough strep test was positive which the doctor assumed it was after seeing my rash .

Some of my rash.

So I'm still feeling pretty miserable but hoping once I get a few doses of my meds in me I'll be on the mend. So odd though I don't even have a sore throat. It's a little dry but that's it. The worst is the headache, body ache, ears hurting, fever/chills, stuffiness, stomach ache, and burning in my chest.

I had scarlet fever/strep throat last year about this time too. This is only the 3rd time I've gotten strep. I was 32 the very first time but that time I had horrible sore throat. Last year when I went in to urget care the doctor was just beside himself seeing my rash. He had the intern come in and look at me so he could see what scarlet fever looked like in "real life". I felt very much on display.

Anyways, I just wanted to do a quick update since it's been awhile since I've posted. Hope you are all feeling well! I'm off to snuggle under my blankets. I apologize for any grammar errors. My head is not fully functioning. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment