Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Happy Cooking - Book Review



Happy Cooking is the latest cookbook out by Giada De Laurentiis. It is full of recipes that are supposed to keep you on the path of healthy eating and make your time in the kitchen stress free. There are plenty of photos in the book and almost 200 recipes. 

I am not sure what turns me off the most in this book. The format feels too overwhelming for me. I don't know if it's the small print or that the recipes and instructions read more like a book. Everything is just all squished together. I only found just a few recipes that actually caught my eye that I would maybe like to try. Most do not feel budget friendly at least for my family. The title suggests that these recipes are supposed to be made without stressing you out but I found most to be the opposite. I could also do without so many photos of Giada herself. I'm not sure why this book needs so many photos of her cleavage. I don't want to see any of that in a cookbook. I prefer photos of the food I'm making. This cookbook just didn't do it for me. It's just not my style.

* I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review. Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment